We understand the problem
We understand the barriers facing social purpose organisations. Constrained and fragmented funding, and limited support for capacity building or evaluation compound the already complex work of the sector.
Our approach to venture philanthropy overcomes these hurdles by providing venture partners with the strategic funding and support they need to focus on driving their desired outcomes.
SVA invests in a portfolio of outstanding venture partners, both stand-alone organisations and collaborations between SVA and other partners.
What does SVA look for in a venture?
- Strong and stable leadership with a drive for continuous improvement
- A clear and realistic strategy with early results and
- Commitment to building an evidence base and sharing learning.
We support small organisations with the potential for significant impact across different stages of growth. We look for ventures developing innovative solutions to overcoming disadvantage in education, employment, housing and with First Australians. We identify outstanding social ventures and projects and include them in our portfolio after rigorous due diligence. We take thoughtful risks to find what works best to solve social challenges. SVA is committed to using evidence to drive transformational social change.
Over an average partnership period of six years, the ventures in our portfolio had achieved an average annual growth in beneficiaries of 50% and an average annual growth in turnover of 40%.
The SVA Venture Philanthropy portfolio currently supports 15 ventures.
For more information on each of our ventures visit our Venture Philanthropy Services.
- Organisations must have DGR status
In addition, we are particularly interested in organisations that:
- Are tackling pressing social issues and have the potential to deliver or influence systemic social change
- Have strong and stable leadership with a drive for continuous improvement
- Have a clear and realistic strategy to achieve their vision
- Share our commitment for building an evidence base and sharing learning
- Are enthusiastic to work in partnership with SVA, our partners and fellow ventures
We welcome you contacting one of our Venture Philanthropy team members if you are interested in partnering with SVA and joining one of our Venture Philanthropy portfolios.
*OECD PISA 2009 Data Challenges for Australian Education.
**Department of Education Employment and Workplace Relations, Labour Market and Related Payments, November, 2015.