Capacity Building Services
Australia is on the tip of a social procurement wave as businesses and governments increasingly and actively seek to use their purchasing power to create social value by buying products and services from for-purpose suppliers.
To capture these opportunities, social enterprises and mainstream social benefit suppliers often need to scale up their businesses in order to compete for, win and service increasingly complex contracts, and more often than not, such step-change growth requires significant capital.
That’s where SVA is uniquely skilled. We work with mid to later stage enterprises who want to build their capability, access flexible capital and grow their business and social impact.
What we offer
We help build capabilities and financial sustainability for business to business (B2B) and business to government (B2G) social enterprises. We provide a unique balance of clear-eyed business rigour and flexible social capital to upscale growth and amplify impact, leveraging access to complimentary professional business intermediaries for complex legal, tax and governance advice.
Our services include:
- mapping potential demand and competition for new market entry;
- support navigating procurement processes;
- financial modelling and structuring advice;
- upscaling options, including mergers and acquisitions, site replication and licensing;
- investment advice and arranging; and
- support measuring and evaluating social impact performance.
But every business is different; there is rarely a simple one-size-fits-all or one-way process to build capacity or boost capability. Our Impact Investing team use a ‘fit for purpose’ approach that applies the right tools for the job at the right time to deliver impact.
Our formula for success
Want to develop the following characteristics in your social enterprises?
- Balanced entrepreneurial/managerial leadership
- Customer centric, structured and proactive business development
- Differentiated product or service replicated to open/other Australian markets
- Operational and commercial capability to find, win and service large and complex contracts
- Good governance with quantified outcome measurement, evaluation & reporting
Since 2002, SVA has incubated and invested in some of Australia’s leading social enterprises.
SVA is working with Social Traders to help Jigsaw, a document digitisation social enterprise, replicate its model. Services include identifying new business opportunities for Jigsaw, financial modelling and capital raise. Support: ReplicationRead more
Vanguard Laundry Services
SVA built the financial model, assisted with $6m capital raise, and supported commercial and legal negotiations for this commercial laundry. Support: Full Process – inception to commercialisationRead more
SVA provided a loan and ongoing support to convert the office furniture supplier to a social enterprise. Support: AcquisitionRead more
SVA conducted a SROI analysis for STREAT, a diversified social enterprise ending homelessness. Support: Measurement & EvaluationRead more