Telethon Kids Institute
Warrajanga Marnti Warrarnja – Together we Walk on Country is funded by BHP and implemented by the Telethon Kids Institute in partnership with the Hedland FASD Network. It aims to address the prevalence and impact of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) in Port Hedland, Warralong and Yandeyarra. SVA helped evaluate the program’s progress after 4 years and helped inform strategic decision making about its future direction.
Role we played
In conjunction with the Telethon Kids Institute and Wirraka Maya Health Service, SVA Consulting:
- Conducted a logic model workshop with key staff, and developed detailed logic models for the program
- Interviewed a range of stakeholders about whether they have observed the changes anticipated by that logic model
- Conducted a focus group interview with key community leaders
- Facilitated a workshop with Telethon Kids Institute program management staff to test the ideas and observations that had arisen through the stakeholder consultation process
- Wrote a final report that provided a balanced view of the achievements of the program, and a range of recommendations for focus areas over the next five years
Program stakeholders have a consolidated view of the achievements of the program to date, along with a series of recommendations for how the program can be adapted and improved in its next phase.