A team driven by a shared purpose
At SVA we bring together talented and passionate people and give them an opportunity to work towards a shared purpose. To build an Australia where all people and communities can thrive.
Diverse sector expertise
It is our steadfast belief that diversity of social and cultural background, lived and professional experience makes us better at what we do. We actively seek qualified individuals of all backgrounds. Our team come from and move on to careers across the corporate, not-for-profit and government sectors.
Support, autonomy, and flexibility
We love what we do but understand that life is about more than just work. To help our team live a healthy, happy, balanced life, we offer flexible work arrangements, generous leave, discounted childcare and an Employee Assistance Program.
After two years of continuous employment at SVA, staff are entitled to an additional five days leave.
A large part of SVA’s team are currently accessing our flexible work options. These include flexible hours, working from home, part-time work, and job sharing.
Support for working parents
Employees who are primary carers receive 12 weeks paid parental leave, while secondary carers are entitled to two weeks paid parental leave. Expecting parents also have access to the Grace Papers digital support platform. SVA also offers discounted childcare for eligible employees.
Employee Assistance Program
A free and confidential service for SVA employees and their immediate family members that provides access to accredited psychologists and social workers.
People and remuneration policies
As at March 2018 SVA had 109 staff in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
SVA is committed to ensuring our remuneration practices enable the organisation to:
- Provide fair and reasonable remuneration to employees for the services they provide to the organisation;
- Attract and retain talented people from business, government and the social purpose sector with the skills, knowledge and experience to lead great change;
- Motivate and inspire employees to perform in the best interests of SVA and its stakeholders;
- Provide an appropriate level of transparency across the organisation; and
- Meet relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
Remuneration is reviewed on an annual basis with due consideration to:
- organisational financial position and performance (including ability to pay);
- comparable industry and social sector standards as informed by external market data; and
- individual performance.
SVA’s performance review and development practices aim to provide managers and team members with a guide to achieving a fair, transparent and consistent approach to enabling performance excellence and guided professional development for everyone across the organisation.
The bi-annual Performance Review and Development process assists our people to clearly articulate the core objectives of their role and supports the design of a practical Development Plan to enable every member of SVA’s team to achieve their short and longer-term career goals