Social Impact Bonds
Social Impact Bonds or SIBs are an innovative approach to financing social service programs that combine outcome-based payments and market discipline. They are designed to raise private capital for intensive support and preventative programs which are suitable to being funded by government on an outcomes basis.
Newpin Social Benefit Bond
SVA was instrumental in developing Australia’s first social impact bond, the Newpin Social Benefit BondRead more
Aspire Social Impact Bond
Making a lasting difference to the lives of people experiencing homelessness in AdelaideRead more
Resolve Social Benefit Bond
A recovery-orientated community support program aimed at improving mental health outcomesRead more
Newpin Queensland Social Benefit Bond
A program designed to strengthen family engagement and reunite children safely with their familiesRead more
Our advisory services
SVA advises social service providers, governments and the investor community on the opportunities, practical implications and processes that surround the development and implementation of SIBs and associated payment by outcome structures.
Our advisory services include:
- General education and capacity building
- Advice on the feasibility of potential SIBs
- Proposal development, including SIB modelling, and outcome metric and payments design
- Participation in SIB joint development phase alongside government and the service provider
- Capital raising
- Ongoing SIB management
- Advice to government on outcomes based commissioning and the procurement of SIBs
Let’s talk about how SVA could support your organisation with a social impact bond or payment by results contract.